Here’s a 24×40″ DSP 1930 D-X Motor Oil Co. Porcelain Sign thick and heavy in super nice condition with only some missing porcelain around one of the mounting holes. NO damage or missing porcelain in beautiful museum conditions. It was also connected to Sunray Gas Co. great for collectors looking for a sign in perfect condition.
In 1933, D-X gasoline was introduced. It is theorized that this name was in reference to Diamond X, suggesting an X-factor or unknown substance in the gasoline that made it superior to others. The D-X name became more prominent, being applied to more than just gasoline. Eventually, by the end of WWII, stations were rebranded from Diamond to simply D-X.